cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for ghost calls to telephone number 123

KHirst
Joining in

I do have landline in my package. But do not own a land line telephone so cannot physically make calls. Have requested in past to have landline removed from package. I have itemised calls on my recent bill totalling £1.70 I never made any of the calls. Some are to number 123. I want to be refunded for these ghost calls 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These calls can be caused by a fault on the line. They have also been caused in the past by some lazy third party engineers (from a company I won't mention, although the company name begins with the letter "K") making test calls on lines & not bothering to use the 0800 number they have been given to use.

I would say that removing the landline will lose you most of the discount on your other services, which will have to be renegotiated at a new price. That new price may very well be higher than what you pay for having a landline you don't use.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KHirst 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry for the call dispute. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Calls to 123 are to BT's speaking clock.

Most likely test calls from an engineer's hand set attached to the wrong circuit at the street cab or telegraph pole.

Engineer test number 17070 exists to identify & check telephone lines on a BT exchange.

Each time we see this issue I am so pleased we do not have a VM phone line.