Menu
sophieelizabet
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Charged for calls when no phone is connected to the line

I just checked my bill and over the last 6 months nearly every month I have been charged for multiple  additional usage calls, but there is no physical phone connected to the landline? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calls when no phone is connected to the line

@sophieelizabet wrote:

I just checked my bill and over the last 6 months nearly every month I have been charged for multiple  additional usage calls, but there is no physical phone connected to the landline? 

Do you connect the phone to the VM hub or a normal telephone socket? If the latter, then a crossed connection on your line is sometimes put forward as an explanation. VM may offer to send a technician to investigate.

Are you able to see the numbers being charged for on your bill?

Past topics on this have included phantom calls either of identical durations or at specific times. Some have mentioned a whole range of different numbers. Some have listed calls in the middle of the night and in the early hours.

Do any of the calls involve premium rate numbers with 09 prefix or 08# prefix?

On some past topics, a simple analysis of the calls, the numbers and their patterns could show the calls billed for were spurious.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@sophieelizabet A member of staff has responded to your post on another thread here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Charged-for-calls-even-though-i-have-no-phone/m-p/47...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message and for reaching out to the Community Forums, sophieelizabet,

I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos