Menu
aiwalters
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charged for calls to 07424

I'm on Talk More International Anytime. Just noticed I'm being charged for calls to a mobile number beginning 07424.

I called Virgin, and apparently calls to Lyca, Lebara and others are not UK calls but are WiFi calls, apparently 07424 is a Lyca number.

Question: Is this industry practice, or are Virgin taking the mick?

Second question: How am I supposed to know what number belongs to what company, no that numbers can be ported? For example, my mobile is with Lebara, but the number is not a Lebara number as I ported it from O2.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calls to 07424

@aiwalters wrote:

I'm on Talk More International Anytime. Just noticed I'm being charged for calls to a mobile number beginning 07424.

I called Virgin, and apparently calls to Lyca, Lebara and others are not UK calls but are WiFi calls, apparently 07424 is a Lyca number.

Question: Is this industry practice, or are Virgin taking the mick?

Second question: How am I supposed to know what number belongs to what company, no that numbers can be ported? For example, my mobile is with Lebara, but the number is not a Lebara number as I ported it from O2.

Lyca & Lebara are not standard mobiles. They use internet services & are classed as WiFi, so are chargeable. If you port your number your incoming calls are still routed to the old provider to be passed on. Only outgoing calls use the provider you have moved too.

You will find the latest tariff & number definition PDF documents at the bottom of the linked page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare 

FM codes are standard mobiles. FW codes are WiFi.

You can also use this lookup tool to find the provider a number is allocated to:

https://portal.aql.com/telecoms/network_lookup.php 

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calls to 07424

I think it's ridiculous that you have to look at page 102 to find out that 074 numbers being outside the allowance. I believe that this is an error anyway and has been for a long time as I've seen in another forum that a Virgin Mobile customer complained about exactly this problem in 2010 and got his charges refunded.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos