Menu
Highlighted
Snail3th
Joining in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calls I didn’t make

Hi, so happy everything sorted out for you. We are experiencing the exact same problem. Never plugged a landline in and paying for someone else's bills. VM have sent two engineers out and they couldn't find any fault and saying no Crossland fault and we must be making the calls. VM customer service is a complete nightmare to deal with and get through.

May I ask who did you speak with to get the problem resolved? As we were going in circles with VM on the phone. No one would claim responsibility for it. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hoodeen
Tuning in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you are having issues. I absolutely agree that speaking with the VM Call Centre is pointless as they are completely hopeless. For me the value of the calls they said I made was trivial, for me it was the principle that I was being charged.

After I had an engineer visit from VM who said it was probably a family member coming round when I was at work to use the phone (for gods sake) - I emailed the CEO which was promptly passed to the Exec Complaints Team. When the next engineer came out, he investigated properly and found that although there were no cross line, there was a fault causing a short on the cables which in effect, tapped random numbers on the line, which often connected. He arranged for a new cable to be pulled through from exchange to my house, and problem stopped.

As with any company, the hard part is getting someone to take ownership - If you go to the top, you're in with a chance, the agents in the Call Centre are paid peanuts, and are not interested.

I'm sure you'll get there - google the CEO and email them is my advise. I got a refund of all calls made in the end. Its a complete pain, but if you don it'll go on and on. Make yourself a nuisance as its their mistake not yours.

Good luck and all the best.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Snail3th

Welcome to the Community, I can see you've responded to a few threads regarding the issues you're experiencing, I'd recommend creating your own thread so we can actively track and help with the issues you're experiencing. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kurranmehroke
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for giving this advice, I shall try this as I am also experiencing the same problems. I can't understand how bad the customer service is at Virgin Media. It is crazy to think that I can't find one person to actually fix this problem after speaking to many many people over the phone. Hope this advice actually helps my problem further, as I am sick of calling Virgin Media every month to get a refund for calls I have not made!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hoodeen
Tuning in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Good luck - They are a complete shower when it comes to Customer Service. Shame really, as the services are good, just the people answering the phones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kurranmehroke,

Welcome to our community forums, I am going to send you a private message, if you can reply to that for me please, that would be great.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AliceRenfrew
Settling in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have just wasted over an hour of my precious Sunday trying to resolve an issue with unexplained calls made in June. We only use the land line at weekends generally and would not call an 0844 number several times in one day no matter what. We have also been charged for checking the time, which we would never do. I remembered that in June an engineer came to our house as a fault which was not affecting us had been traced to our house. 

I do not think this can be a coincidence, but they said to get the itemised list I would have to pay another £2 as the calls all cost under 50p. I am cery unimpressed with customer service to say the least. One suggestion was to send an engineer at a cost of over £90 !! As the issue was clearly limited to June and has been resolved what possible good would that do ?

I asked to speak to someone more senior, and was connected to the Faults Team. Not impressed there either but have eventually been told that a more senior person will call within 2 hours. 

I very much hope for a happy conclusion, and congratulations for persevering and actually having the puzzle solved,

AR

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello AliceRenfrew, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry you've experienced some unknown call charges, has this fault been fully rectified now just to confirm? 

If you've requested a manager call this would be in line with our complaints process so I'll also include our complaints code of practice for you here.

Please keep us updated and we'll help further if needed. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Charlottelm123
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am really frustrated as Virgin have suspended my line as they are saying I owe over £130 for call charges. 
I have not used the home phone to call anyone, I only have people call myself which I pay £2.50 a month to be diverted to my mobile. 
I am confused why I am being charged for people calling my house phone?  When I purchased the divert system I was not told that I Would be charged for people calling the phone. 
I spoke to someone today but they told me I have to wait till the 11th untill my bill comes out to see what I have been charged for! This is ridiculous as I work from home and need the internet and they expect me to pay £38 now for the account to be taken of suspension. 
I am not happy with the service from virgin and will defiantly not use this network again! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlottelm123,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the call charges, and I fully appreciate the frustration this would cause. What I can advise in a general sense that may help, is that there is a monthly fee for the service of £2.25, and also to make sure you have the right telephone plan as well. What I mean is that, say if you're on a weekend calls only plan, then you'd not be charged for any calls on landlines diverted at weekends. However, if the calls were diverted to your mobile off plan, then you'd be charged for those as well.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos