Menu
Volin25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charged for call, but no home phone

Hello. 

We are with virgin media for a 8 years already and never had a problems like this. 

We have mixed bundle tv, broadband and landline home phone.

The problem is that we yesterday checked our virgin bill and have noticed that we are charged for calls which we have not made, as we never used home phone, and have not connected.

And when we tried to call our given home phone number, its calling. How it could be possible, if the phone is not connected?!?

And why we need to pay for calls, which we didn't made?!?

It's not possible to get touch with virgin media, as emails is not working, on calls no one's answering. It's like never ending story. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for call, but no home phone

Hello Volin25

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the charged calls

This may well be a crossed line in the cabinet

What we do is book an engineer to come out

Confirm it is a fault, then remove the call charges off your account

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
robins66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I received a call from a mobile caller to my Virgin Media home phone. He said he had a missed call from me. I was in the garage and nobody else was at home but he repeated our landline number. How can that be?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post robins66,

Can you please advise me what other information the call gave you?

We're unable to look up calls that didn't connect to another phone number

It could be a case of a crossed line, have you perhaps discussed this with your neighbours? 

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
robins66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I asked who he was. He told me he didn’t think I’d know him, he was from Suffolk and I live in Manchester. I have his mobile number recorded now but haven’t been able to find anything on the ‘Who called me’ services either.

totally bewildered but was concerned about maybe ending up being charged for mobile calls.

virgin tell me that I haven’t made any calls from my landline since last December. I know that’s not true. There wouldn’t be many but I do very occasionally use the phone air weekend or for 0800 numbers. AGAIN very confusing and worrying.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Alternative possibility is that your number was randomly used as a fake caller ID for a spam/scam call by someone else.

You should be able to log into 'My Virgin Media' and check in the bills section for any unexpected extended call charges but they would only show for those outside your call plan and/or minimum itemisation limit (e.g. frequently set at only call costs over 50p).

If you receive any more, you can always post back on your own new topic for further help.

0 Kudos