Menu
inkeyes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Charged for a free phone call

Hi,

I have anytime calls on my Virgin bundle, but have been charged £7 (+VAT) for a call which should be included.

Is it possible to get a refund? And, why did it happen?

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for a free phone call

What was the number (can leave off the last few digits for security) and how long did it last?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
inkeyes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The call was to 01473 785ABC (a local call as we're in the 01473 Ipswich district), and the call was for 113 minutes

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The calls on the home phone plans have a 60 minute redial rule. If they last longer than 60 minutes, the for 60:01 onwards in chargeable:

Details of all charges are at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts

Talk More Anytime: Zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03), UK mobile numbers, 0870 and 0845 numbers. Excludes indirect access, dial-up internet, other non-geographic numbers, 070 Personal Numbering, and 076 Paging charge-bands. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. Calls over 60 minutes will be charged at standard rates, except for calls to mobiles which will be charged at 5p per minute. Charges apply outside of inclusive minutes Fair usage policy applies. 0870 and 0845 numbers subject to a shared limit of 1000 minutes or 150 calls per rolling 30 day period. Full details of call charges/connection fees set out in our Tariff Guide at virginmedia.com/callcosts.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos