Menu
LAC1982
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Charged for a call not made

I’ve not had a phone installed ever to my landline but on this last bill I have a call charged to my bill.

ive gone round and round trying to get help on this and got nowhere; had anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for a call not made

There are regular mentions of this on the forums. Unfortunately the topics usually disappear off to private message with the forum team and an outcome or explanation is rarely shared in public.

If your phone was actually in use by you, would you have to plug into the back of the VM hub or a via conventional telephone wall socket?

Do you have any other equipment connected which might need to make use of the landline (some past topics have tracked the issue to things like call blockers, personal/medical alarms etc. dialling out unexpectedly and generating charges).

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LAC1982,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

The information @goslow has asked would be really useful for us to know, so please can you answer them for me? 🙂

It could also be due to a "crossed line" at the cabinet where all the local phone cables meet, this will need an engineer to investigate and resolve. 

But I need you to answer the questions above before I can go ahead with that.

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
LAC1982
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for looking.

any phone would be plugged into the wall, going by the sockets we have.

I can’t think of any devices that could call out. Certainly no alarms.

I googled the number listed and while it’s local going by the area code it’s not showing anything of note 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LAC1982,

Thanks for coming back to me with those answers, I'll send you a PM now so I can take a closer look and get an engineer booked if needed. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LAC1982,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I was able to book an engineer for you. 

If you need to change or cancel it for whatever reason you can do so on your Online Account.

Please come back to me on here so we can see what the engineer finds after their visit 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

LAC1982
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So the engineer came and the presumption is it was a crossed line.

The solution was to stop the ability to have a phone plugged in through the traditional means and only through the router. 

the biggest irony is that the response to my complaint was “we tried to call you but no response”. Well that would be the case wouldn’t it when I have no phone!

ive no clue how to get a refund as I do find dealing with virgin beyond difficult but perhaps that’s the intention 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @LAC1982 

I am going to pop you over another PM so that we can look at getting your complaint resolved. 

Kind regards, 

Zak_M

0 Kudos