Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Charged £17.11 for a Call I didn't make

Just had my July Bill and it shows a 4 minute call to a Premium Rate Number (09037274647) on 1st July charged at £17.11. I know this is not a call I have made.

When I search via "Who Called me" it show 7 queries against this number starting on 1st July. Further investigation shows this as a reverse charge call and queries about this number are worldwide.

When I phoned Virgin (Indian Call Centre), I was told there was nothing they could do as this was a genuine call but they could set up call barring and refund me. I declined. They didn't  tell me, which I found out afterwards, is that call barring is a paid for service - not good service from VM.  Eventually referred me to a "Manager" who offered me £5. Again I declined.

Who can I contact regarding this. Have been a VM customer for 25 years paying £150pm! Not at all happy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged £17.11 for a Call I didn't make

Hi there @quackstheking

Thanks so much for popping along - very sorry that you're disputing one call on your bill. Is this the only call that you are disputing? Are there other calls that you did make during the same period? 

Have you reached out to anyone else in your home who may have made this call? 

It sounds like our teams have done the relevant checks and confirmed this is a valid call and as such the charges would stand. If you would like to add premium call barring to your account, this can be done and is available with other call features in a bundle from £3. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There are no other calls and it appears that this is a Reverse Charge call where you do not phone. The only other occupant of the house is my wife and she did not make the call. Indeed she was on a work Webex at the time!

I'm not sure why I have to pay £36pa for a Premium Call Barring service when it presumably would not stop this type of call, for a call I didn't make. A Call Centre Sales practice to offer a service without mentioning it was a paid service is very poor sales practice and customer service.

They can't tell me who the call was to.

Maybe it's time to leave!

Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We'd certainly hate to see you leave us @quackstheking and we are sorry that you're not happy with the way our agent dealt with the situation when you called us about it. 

May we ask how you know this was a Reverse Charge call? Could this charge not be the WebEx call that was made

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Err because the WebEx was done over the internet and has been this way with about 3/4 WebEx calls a day since lockdown started!

Search the Internet for calls from this number!

You still can’t tell me who the call was to!

Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Don,

When I use Webex, I have to call a number from my mobile to connect to the call and the conference so this is why I was asking. 

May we ask how you know this was a Reverse Charge call? Is it listed as such on your bill? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Search the Internet for this and these series of numbers. Strange all the Who Called Me queries occur on 1st July which is the same as I allegedly made this call.

Now tell me who was it to?

Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to advise who the call has been made too, 

As my colleague has advised, sounds like we've been through all the relevant checks and the charges are correct and would stand.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I'll organise next week the termination of my Virgin contract.

Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is there any small chance that someone received one of those scam ‘your internet is faulty, press 1 to speak to an advisor’ calls? If so then this may be the explanation as to how & why you have a reverse charge call & have a charge for it.

0 Kudos