Menu
Mac25
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing my package to just phone and broadband For a cheaper deal

• Hi anyone know  How I can change my package from TV phone and Internet to just phone and Internet as a virgin media are asking for more money but I don’t use the television that much so do not require it I am paying now £38.50 but then it goes up to £58 that’s to much so need a better deal or I will have to leave
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my package to just phone and broadband For a cheaper deal

Adapt the tactics in the link below to fit your particular circumstances.  There's no alternative to phoning, I'm afraid.  Phoning first thing of a weekend morning is often a good way of minimising queuing.  If the call goes offshore, either abandon or ask to be transferred back to the UK retentions team "for the purposes of cancelling".  Keep in mind that retention agents basic salary is low, but they aim to make 25% bonus from successfully keeping customers - be firm, but friendly and respectful, there's always an element of goodwill at their disposal.  If you can pick out regional accents, when you get through an opening line like "Good morning Tom, do I detect a Swansea/Glasgow/Stockton accent there?" can be a positive gambit - locations suggested because VM do/have had retentions call centres in those locations, and even if you get it wrong, it's an "engagement point" for them to correct you and say where they're from.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks