Menu
Graemek73
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing my landline telephone number

Hi,

I would like to change our Virgin landline number. We have had the same number for many years now & have noticed an influx, in us, receiving lots of spam/malicious calls, these come at various times of the day. With an elderly father now being home alone most of the day, this has led to a few incidents involving scamming & trips to the Bank to cancel payments.

We have tried blocking various numbers, but, these calls keep coming through. My Dad relies on the landline number to telephone family & friends, so, we think that getting a new number would be the safest solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Graeme

0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my landline telephone number

Hi,

Contact your phone "Virgin Media"
Request a phone number change. ...
Pay the fee involved with the change of a number, if it is required, or have it added to your phone bill.

Call us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from the landline.
or you could wait for Forum Team mod to chat within normally reply within 24 hours.
~
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Graemek73
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this information & the speedy reply - very much appreciated.

Graeme

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Graemek73 wrote:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Graeme

See the link below for a recent (very similar) query to your own with some extended info. on blocking/screening unwanted calls.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/How-do-I-change-my-Virgin-Media-landline-phone-numbe...

Sadly the incoming numbers are invariably spoofed so trying to block them one by one will be unsuccessful.

In addition, the incoming calls are typically generated by auto-diallers working their way through blocks of numbers so, even if you get a new number, the chances are that at some point the calls will start again.

Landline numbers are recycled so any 'new' number may not be that 'fresh' and may have its own history of problems associated with it.

0 Kudos