cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing landline number

Feonap
Joining in

Hello my parents use Virgin for their landline and the number of scam calls they get is causing genuine distress to them.  I was about to ask Virgin to change their landline number as a way of stopping the calls but reading the posts on this forum has made me worried that it won't actually help.  Has anyone changed their number and found it useful?  I don't know what to do to help them as they are very elderly and infirm and picking the phone up and chatting with people is just what they do and they are unable to be rude and just say no.

Feona 

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Feonap,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the scam calls your parents are getting. 

Changing your number is one method of helping to scam calls. 

You can also register for the TPS service as well. 

To confirm though, there is no 100% guaranteed way to stop scam calls.

If you would like to us to look into amending the number please do let me know and we will proceed down that route. 

^Martin

thanks for your swift reply Martin - it seems to me that I should try everything I can to help them - they are already registered with TPS but it makes no difference.

Please can you tell me the process for changing the number?

Feona

You're more than welcome. So to get this process start, I would need to speak directly with the account holder. 

If the account holder is able to take over the messages on here, I am more than happy to private message you and get this started. 

Is that something that can be arranged?

^Martin

thanks Martin - I will probably be with my parents next week - it's hard because my Father had a stroke so his communication can be quite slow so I'll need to ask for your patience.

Is the best thing that I have your email and then when I am with them we email you and schedule a call? I need to be involved with the process to ensure it runs smoothly for them and causes no distress.

I can certainly appreciate the concern with that and we will work with the account holder to make it as easy as possible. 

With regards to the call, sadly we're unable to make outbound calls from our department, as we are a digital department. 

Our communication channel is based over private messages on this forum page. 

So what I can do is private message you requesting the information that is needed. Then when you are with the account holder. 

They can take over the chat and respond with the relevant answers. I would need it to be that the account holder is responding though. 

Would you like to proceed with that?

^Martin

yes please - thanks Martin

Hi @Feonap,

Thank you for confirming. I will send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!