Menu
t1ber1us
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing land-line phone number

Hi,

We are getting a lot of wrong number calls because a local social housing organisation has a very similar number to our home phone number. Is there a way we can please change our land-line number? Answering lots of wrong number calls is getting a bit tedious during lockdown....

Thank you,

Ian

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing land-line phone number

Hi t1ber1us,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with unwanted calls due to your number being similar to a local housing organization.

We can change the number for you which would be free the first time and would take 24 hours to change as it needs to go onto the switch, to do this we would need to access your account.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

t1ber1us
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We've contacted the social housing organisation who have agreed to re-record their phone number on outgoing voice messages. If that doesn't work, we'll be back in touch again and see if we can get the number changed then.

Ian

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@t1ber1us wrote:

Thank you. We've contacted the social housing organisation who have agreed to re-record their phone number on outgoing voice messages. If that doesn't work, we'll be back in touch again and see if we can get the number changed then.

Ian

I will say as a word of caution that ALL telephone numbers are recycled, & there can be as little as 3 months between a number being given up & it being reallocated to another customer. There is always a risk that the same issue is encountered again, as “problem” numbers end up getting bounced from customer to customer. If you are not getting any other nuisance calls (apart from the scam internet provider fault type ones we all get) then I would stick with it.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Thank you for coming back, let us know if you do decide you wish to change the number.

kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos