Menu
Bhoola786
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changed my number without any notification

Hi, I have been with virgin Media for over 20 years now and had one number for my home telephone.

On 6th May 2020 my friend rang me and told me that my home number was not working. I tried ringing it and it came up as number not recognised.

Rang customer Service I was told that my number has NOT been changed and this has been my number. After a long discussion and not getting any where. I was told that they will investigate the matter and call me me back next at 3pm.

As usual no one called me the next day this is virgin media all over. Still waiting for a call back also contacted Ofcom let’s see what happens.

0 Kudos
cranforduk
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed my number without any notification

It may just be a line fault rather than loss of number. Can you dial out on your phone and if so what number comes up?

Have you tried a line test at https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bhoola786,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the community forums.This may take some time looking into to find out what might have occurred with your landline number. Were you getting calls prior to 6-MAY? Also when you spoke with the team were your provided with a complaints reference number? If you have already contacted OFCOM they will contact us and there will be a complaint raised so you will certainly be contacted by the complaints team.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Bhoola786
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, was getting regular phone calls on my old number. Was taking to my sister on the 5th with no problem. Now with the old line gone dead, the new line from the hub displays a new number. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. Do you know if a complaint has been raised on the account? If so do you have the complaint reference number? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Bhoola786
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin 

At the time I did not make a complaint, due the fact the operator said they will call me back next day at 3pm. Which they never did. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, what I will do is private message you so I can take a look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos