Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changed from traditional phone line to VOIP without telling me !!

I took out a new contract 3 months ago where I live. Previously the contract was in my son's name at the same address. Nobody advised me the phone line would change from the traditional socket in the wall to VOIP. No my house alarm phone dialler is no longer connected and my NHS alert monitor does not work as they plug into the phone socket in the wall. Despite calling VM several times they are not doing anything to help. I will hold them responsible for any problems I have until they fix it. To put it politely, they are useless at helping, cut you off when you call them and 1/2 the time don't even understand what the issue is or how to resolve it. Has anybody else had a similar problem and been able to get them to switch their phone line back ?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed from traditional phone line to VOIP without telling me !!

Hi Ramatanna,

thanks for your post I am sorry to hear this, we would not install this without permission and would need to sign the paperwork from the tech, was this an install? 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zole,

Thanks for getting in touch. VM did switch from the traditional wall socket to VOIP without my consent or knowledge or without telling me they would do that when I recently took over the contract from my son a couple of months ago. I only realised when the phone line went dead and after many hours of calling VM I was told it has been moved over to VOIP. I then spent a week or so on the phone getting VM to re-instate my phone number which they failed to port across correctly.

This issue is now in the process of being resolved and VM has now re-instated the line to the wall socket as of yesterday BUT they have, as expected, screwed that up too. I can make calls but cannot receive them. I am already speaking to somebody about this but if you want to get involved and help fix the situation by all means send me a PM.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Ramatanna 

I can see that you are speaking with Lisa regarding your current landline issues. 

We will leave you in her capable hands. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, She has resolved the issue and all is working now. Thank you

0 Kudos