Menu
AEwington
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Changed From Sky - Now No Phone Line

Hello there - I recently ask Virgin to port my home line over from Sky to Virgin, I was told it was a straightforward thing and that I don't have to have anything plugged into the router etc (which has been installed miles away from the master socket by the engineer). The port was to happen yesterday, and we've now been cut off.

Ringing up for help and being bounced around different numbers I finally managed to talk to someone at the Manchester Exchange (BTW the Virgin guy totally gave me the wrong number and asked me to dial 0800 1132 - which I pointed out didn't seem right).

I managed to speak to someone there who said there's an issue at the exchange. I'd like this confirmed please and/or have an engineer who can ensure the router is set up correctly if it needs to be in the master socket.

We're also a child minding setting (work from home) - so having no land line (for emergencies) is not something we can continue with.

Thank you!

AE

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changed From Sky - Now No Phone Line

Hi AEwington,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your number port becoming active. We understand the urgency of this matter and that you need this number to be active for your business.

Can we ask are you able to plug the landline in to the master socket on the wall or does it go directly in to the back of your hub? 

We will certainly check the you're number port is due to become active today for you, but can you confirm the above first for us so we can see which way you have had the landline installed?

Kind regards Jodi.

AEwington
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jodie, thanks for replying. At the moment the phone is just plugged into a socket in the wall (not the master one and not the hub either) - it was working all fine yesterday morning with that set up, but at some point I'm assuming Virgin took over the line as planned and it hasn't worked since. I tried plugging the phone into the router yesterday and didn't have any joy.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me AEwington,

That's good news that the landline was working yesterday. Have you placed the phone back in the socket in the wall where it worked yesterday?

Can we ask if you tried to make any outgoing calls from your landline yesterday or did anyone call you on your temporary Virgin number at all?

Can we ask did the engineer place the phone in the socket on the wall? If so this will be the correct one to use.

I will pop you over a private message so I can check the number port is all OK for you and is coming across today, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

AEwington
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Jodie - everything is back where it was yesterday.

We both had calls and made calls yesterday.

I don't even know if there is a temporary number - there's a phone microfilter in the back of the router, but that has nothing connected into it. The engineer hasn't placed it near my master socket - nor asked about that. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AEwington,

Really pleased to hear your back up and running and that you now have a working landline. We will get the changes made that you have asked for today.

If you need any further assistance in the future please come back to us.

Have a lovely afternoon Jodi. 

AEwington
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're a star @Jodi_S - really appreciate your help. Plugging the phone into the router has worked a treat and now all our landline phones are back up and running - thanks for your time and patience!

AE

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AEwington,

Thank you for your patience, your unlimited call package is active on your account now giving you unlimited calls up to  1 Hour per call, to any 01, 02 and 03 numbers, any UK Mobile and and 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Kind regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
AEwington
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Paul - that's for £8 extra per month, correct?

Andi

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andi,

Yes indeed it is £8 per Month however please bear in mind if it was added in the middle of the Month the first bill will have 2 charges, £ 8 for the full Month plus the pro rate for the part month.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos