cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to fibre

sandy1929
Joining in

I have three cordless landline phones around house will I need to have an engineer due to this. I vaguely remember reading this in an email virgin sent a while back but at present I have none of my previous emails due to the virgin crashing so can't check back. My husband is disabled, does not use a mobile at all and is totally reliant on the landline phones your help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sandy1929,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Ahead of the switchover you should be contacted to inform you of your local switchover date alongside being provided with the necessary adapter. When the switch happens your main handset will need to be connected directly into the router using the aforementioned adapter. Would that be possible with the current set up?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Not sure I'm not very tech savvy. I vaguely remember a virgin email which said if we had accessible needs as my husband does virgin would need to send an engineer to install a line.

Hi @sandy1929,

It sounds like they're referring an Emergency Back-Up Line (or an EBUL). I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can assist you further. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!