Menu
Markwright7
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Change to VOIP

Hi I’ve had an intermittent fault on my telephone for close on a year and I can’t get it fixed. I’ve just had a new Hub 3 installed and I want to abandon the landline and connect via the Hub . How’d you do that coz I can’t get through to anyone.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change to VOIP

You can't. The VOIP service is available only to new customers with new installations and those who are slowly being transferred in VM's transition program to 2025.

The intermittent fault on your line needs sorting. Explain a bit more here and we'll see what can be done. We might be able to get the VM Forum Team here to take a look for you and get it resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Markwright7
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So It works fine some of the time, but at other times when an outside call comes in it rings once and then disconnects the dialler. When it’s tested remotely it always comes up ok. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Give us a bit more about what action has been taken by you and VM to put this right and over what period. I'll need this if I decide it is appropriate to escalate. Keep it brief please. I don't need detail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Markwright7
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Rang up a while ago and the VM team insisted that it was testing ok. We had another fault with the Hub 3, 2 weeks ago and i reported this, the telephone and the fact that when i did the self test on the broadband it tells me i have network noise. A guy came to the house and replaced the HUb. I asked him about the telephone and he said now i had the Hub 3 ring up and get it changed to VOIP port. He also said not to worry about the network noise as i had good speed and it would get fixed eventually?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK, I will escalate to the VM team here. They'll look at it on Monday probably. The story you are telling does not sound satisfactory at all. The issue of noise on your Broadband should have been fixed properly and leaving you with an unsatisfactory phone service - that is not what you are paying for, after all.

0 Kudos
Markwright7
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Great and thanks for your prompt help.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Remember VIPs do not work for VM. We are VM users like you, but with recognition from VM that we are good at helping. Gives us the privilege of escalating issues up the VM chain. Handy!

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, are you still needing help with this? If so, let us know and we will PM you ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Markwright7
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Howard (further back in the thread) said that he'd escalated it to the VM team and i should see some action maybe Monday to fix my original fault on the home phone. Looks like i can't change over to VOIP.

Mark

0 Kudos