Menu
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change phone from router to phone socket

I am sick and tired of my phone going through the router, when the internet is down you obviously are unable to use the phone and I require it for emergency purposes which I made clear to VM.

I want to change back to my phone going through the phone socket, if this can't be done I need to cancel and get a new landline provider as the phone through the router is shambolic.  The services are always down in our area and I'm getting sick and tired of VM.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change phone from router to phone socket

Hello

I am afraid that once your are on the new system there is no going back, in fact you may have the same problem with providers who use openreach as every telephone provider is switching to this system by the end of 2025.

There is an Emergency Backup system which allow you to make 999 calls. Have a look at https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

Pages 35 and 36.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI NewExcelsior,

thanks for your post 

I can see you are affected by an outage the fix date is 24 NOV 2020 15:00 and the reference is C01137539  

thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well if no going back guess I will be cancelling come April 2021, only reason I remain with VM is due to my area being non-fibre. Given the lukewarm response to the new V360 box/software I don't see any reason to remain a customer once my contract expires.

0 Kudos