Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change number due to constant nuisance calls

I am getting nuisance calls from my landline (roughly every 30 mins). I have a block feature on my phone but it only has 20 spaces to add numbers and they are all full. It's scam calls and I have no other way to block them. I am subscribed to TPS. The only option is to change my landline number. I was told by an advisor, that my phone number was used by someone else before I received it and calls may be coming from that.

Can Virgin Media change my landline number to stop these nuisance calls?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change number due to constant nuisance calls

The sad news is ALL landline numbers are recycled.

Virgin have a fixed allocation of numbers in each STD code area they operate in. If demand is heavy, the time between a customer releasing a number & it being reallocated to another gets shorter. Also people can port numbers away from Virgin to other providers, which reduces the “pool” of numbers even further.

The above is true of all providers, with the exception of BT, who still retain the biggest share.

So the moral of the story with landlines is you take pot luck as to what you end up with if you change. You could be jumping from the frying pan only to end up in the fire.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. I will research other options to try and minimise the nuisance calls. We only use our landline for incoming calls, as we use our mobile for outgoing. It's a shame that landline phones have limited slots to block numbers, unless a newer model can deal with more. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SonicAndy75, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're experiencing nuisance calls. I would like to look in to this further for you.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos