Menu
atky60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change my phone number

Getting so many nuisance and marketing calls how do I change my number and make it blocked from anybody seeing it?

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change my phone number

Hi @atky60

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this with nuisance calls. Are you getting these calls from the same number or different numbers? How long has this been going on for?

You may find the following useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls .

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
atky60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In 2 days we received 45 calls and it’s from a few different numbers.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this @atky60. We can understand how frustrating this may be.

Please try the given link and let us know if you need any further help regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are no new numbers available. All numbers are used ones that are recycled to new customers within 3 to 12 months of being given up.

Therefore, the possibility is you could just move from one problem number to another.

Best of luck.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@atky60 wrote:

Getting so many nuisance and marketing calls how do I change my number and make it blocked from anybody seeing it?

Read this recent topic for why changing your number will probably not help, and may make things worse regarding nuisance calls

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Silent-calls-to-new-phone-number/td-p/4660969

There are many more topics on the forum where a change of number has actually had an opposite effect to the one desired in reducing nuisance calls.

Consider getting a trueCall device

https://www.truecall.co.uk/category-s/116.htm

or a BT phone which has trueCall features built in (look for this in the product description).

These screen the incoming calls and prevent the phone from ringing with scam calls.

0 Kudos