Change home phone number

Can i change my home phone number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change home phone number

It should be possible for you to get a change of phone number. One of the VM forum team will be able to advise further. They normally reply within a few days but can take up to a week to respond.

Be aware when you change numbers that the 'new' number actually comes from a long-standing pool of numbers owned by VM. The 'new' number you get may possibly come with its own set of problems depending on who has owned it in the past and how long it has been out of use in the pool for before being put back into service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @keithabi 

Are we able to change your landline number, please can I ask the reasons for you wishing to do this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting a large number of unwanted calls and as I work nights I'm constantly getting woken up. I don't want to have to keep turning the phone off and on. I just want to change my number. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@keithabi wrote:

I'm getting a large number of unwanted calls and as I work nights I'm constantly getting woken up. I don't want to have to keep turning the phone off and on. I just want to change my number. 

Everyone is receiving these scam calls, irrespective of their phone number or their service provider. The calls are automated and just work their way through blocks of numbers at a time on a particular area code.

Consider getting a caller blocker device or phone. Check out the post below from earlier this week on someone with the same problem who has just fitted one.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/7-spam-calls-today-supposedly-from-Virginmedia/m-p/4...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me 

As advised above, 

These are happening a lot at the moment,  If you feel that changing your landline number would prevent this I am more than happy to change that for you, however there is still the possibility that this could still happen. 

Also you are able to report these numbers via this link

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'd be grateful if you could change my Landline number. 

Thanks, Keith 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all @keithabi 

I will need to pop you a PM so that I am able get some account information. 

If you keep an eye out on the top right of the screen (purple envelope)

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos