cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Landline Telephone Number

rogerlindley
On our wavelength

Since the switch over from analogue, the number of spam calls has increased - even though we have a number blocker.  The calls are usually early in the morning.  On answering, all you can hear is people chattering in the background, before the call disconnects.

I would like to request a new number because I have now retired from business, and, whilst working,  my landline number was used for internet marketing purposes so, although the digital magazine business is now closed, my telephone number is still across the worldwide web.

How do I proceed with this or is there a system whereby all calls go to answer machine giving us time to pick up if recognised or block/ignore.  Recognised number are then allowed through.

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rogerlindley,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting lots more spam calls since the changeover, I'm not sure why that would be happening. 

Unfortunately we dont offer any such services that would send the calls directly to voice mail and letting you answer that way. I can however arrange for you to have a new telephone number. I would need to confirm a few details via private message to be able to get this requested, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thank you for speedy reply.  While I check out telephone call monitoring ddevices, please proceed with request to change number.