Menu
Sargon1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Challenging a phone call cost on a bill. How do I do it?

I made a long (1h 43 m)  home phone call to a friend's 07919 mobile number after 7 pm on a Monday. The charge was enough for my monthly VM email DD reminder to warn me. I've spent hours spinning round in circles on the VM website, but cannot reconcile any cost information for the call (it's contradictory in places) with their charge. I think it should be a lot less. An email reply to the VM monthly notification was rejected as "Inbox Full". I guess it's the Covid-19 situation. Any suggestions please as to what I can do?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Challenging a phone call cost on a bill. How do I do it?

Hi Sargon1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our communitty. 

Sorry to hear that your bill is higher than normal due to a long call, I can appreciate your concerned at the charges. 

All our call charges can be found here, just scroll down to direct dialled call charges to find out more.

If you have any issues then let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sargon1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma,

I'm really grateful for your team response so quickly.

The call was made on Monday 13/4/2020 at 19:02 to [removed] of £16.810 excl VAT for 1:43:00 hours.

My package is Talk More Evenings & Weekends.

I am told by the owner of the mobile phone I was calling that it is a EE phone.

By reference to p5 of your linked document, taking into account Notes 1 and 2 in the small print at the bottom of the page, I believe it should be costed at free for the first 60 minutes and thereafter at 5p per minute i.e. £2.15. 

I hope you will be able to continue to respond promptly. I appreciate the difficulties everybody is having at present.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Sargon1.

From the details it looks like the time spent on the call was around 104 minutes.  

Inclusive landline minutes are only for the first 60 minutes of a call and then they become chargeable. 

Details of the call guidelines can be found in the link provided by Emma. 

I hope this has answered your query but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Did you really just post someone else mobile number on the forum.
Sargon1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Aaach. I'm very new to this. Why did it let me? I though I needed to verity what class of 07 mobile number I was being charged for.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sargon1,

The call wouldn't automatically stop, you would need to hang up before the hour to avoid being charged.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Sargon1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Natalie. This is from page 5 of the 34 page document you linked me to.Capture3.JPG

And this is from the bottom of the same page the footnotes 1,2 and 3. (sorry I couldn't get the photo to insert). There is no reference to point 3 in the above table box- if that is what you are referring to. I maintain that point 2 should be charged. Please give me the exact details of where it is mentioned. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sargon1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, Thanks for your input. I think I understand what you say, but, that is not what is said on p5 footnote 2 of the charges document. It says I will pay 5ppm for all the minutes after the first 60. I would be happy to do that. It does not refer to footnote 3.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sargon1, 

It would advise this at the bottom of page 3.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos