Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Cannot receive incoming international calls

We cannot receive incoming international calls (though we can make them). Has this something to do with call barring? Not sure if this is turned on or not. how do we fix this problem?

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot receive incoming international calls

Call barring is a VM paid-for service to restrict outgoing calls. The VM service that blocks incoming calls is 'Anonymous Caller Rejection' which blocks calls from witheld numbers. ACR is also a paid-for service so you would need to have these features on your phone package for them to be available.

Are all incoming international calls blocked or just one particular international caller? If just one caller, are they restricting their caller ID in some way when they call out?

Also, does your home phone have any call blocking features on it? Some phones can restrict/filter incoming unknown, international and withheld numbers if the setting is activated on the phone?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi natsoo,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you cannot receive international calls. @goslow's advice is spot on. Unless you have additional services or a feature activated on you telephone equipment, we would not block or bar these calls. You can also find more help here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-calling-and-line-issues

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. Can make international calls but cannot receive any international calls from different countries and operators. This started to happen a week or so ago. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi pedest,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with receiving international calls. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see a fault ticket was raised for this, appreciate you only posted an hour ago, but can you confirm if anyone has tried to call you since?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I also have the same issue. I can make international calls but cannot receive them. Can you please advise?

Like the others on this thread, this started about a week ago. All other calls are fine.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I got an unhelpful phone call stating that because I can receive UK calls they wouldn't investigate further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear this pedest,

Can you please confirm if you've been aware of any attempt to call you from an international number since you posted yesterday?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Relatively new customer here, joined Virgin a few months ago. 

I have the same problem. Interfnational calls worked just fine until a few weeks ago. I had my parents call me few days a week, all on Virgin landline.

• I am not paying for ACR 
  • my parents (abroad) are not restricting caller ID in any way
  • not using any number blocking on my phone
  • they also tried calling from a mobile and the connection fails as well (my phone does not even ring)
  • this used to work, nothing has changed on my or their side
  • I am able to receive UK mobile calls on my landline (my phone rings)
  • I have no way to check UK landline-to-landline calls
  • I can make outgoing calls, both UK and international
  • online status check was not helpful 

Please help. 

It is difficult to convince my elderly parents to switch to WhatsApp, they like the fact they can talk to their son on a landline. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi bart00za

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the calling issue. Do your parents get any error messages on their end when dialling your number?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos