cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls to Landline from Vodafone mobiles

soton79
On our wavelength

Vodafone mobiles cannot connect to my Virgin landline at home, which basically means I cannot call home. I dont choose which network my mobile is on as it is a company phone. This has been raised many times, I have had engineers round to "resolve" the problem, and even they say they have no idea how to fix it. 

I've been in touch with Vodafone as well and they don't know how to fix it either. Unfortunately, I need to be able to call home (as most people would expect to do this simple task!), and if I cannot get this resolved soon I will be complaining officially and taking my business elsewhere. This has been going on for months and months now.

I am really hoping someone else has had something similar and can offer some answers. Might I add, all other mobile networks work fine.

49 REPLIES 49

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

When calling from your Vodaphone mobile what happens do you hear a ringing tone ?

Does your home phone have a system that allows you to block phone numbers ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi DJ,

Depends how long it has been since I last tried. If it's been a while, I get a recorded message saying something like "please change the area code and try again, the area code has not been recognised". When I look at my phone, I get the "called failed" on screen.

If I try straight after, I don't get a ringing tone, and the call just fails completely.

Also, as for blocking phone numbers, I have already turned that off long ago (never really use it)

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi soton79, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about this problem - it's odd that this is impacting Vodafone numbers specifically. I understand that you've turned the call-blocking feature off on your handset, I don't suppose you have a different handset you could try so we can rule out any issues there?

Tom 

soton79
On our wavelength

Yep tried two other sets of phones from family and same problem

Hi soton79,

It is a strange one - just to confirm you can't receive calls from Vodafone as well as being unable to make outgoing calls to them?

Have you always had this issue with this line?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

soton79
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

Ha ha - it is a strange one. I can MAKE calls to any phone from the landline, including vodafone mobile numbers, but I cannot RECEIVE calls from vodafone mobiles to my landline. So I can call my own mobile, but I cannot return the call!!

Ahh okay I see, that's for letting us know.

Do you also know if you're able to receive calls from non-Virgin landline numbers?

Can you also please tell me if your landline number is a Virgin number, or was it ported over from another provider when you joined?

Apologies for all the questions haha, it just helps us to understand where the issue lies on the network and what steps we need to take to get it fixed.

Thanks again,

Beth

Beth

soton79
On our wavelength

I can receive calls from all landlines (I get enough nuisance ones but that's a seperate issue).

I'm not sure the origination of the landline as when I bought the house Sky was installed, but I moved to Virgin quite quickly - so I guess you could say it was ported but was it Virgin before Sky, I'm un sure.