cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get support for home phone fault

Slapmongous
Joining in

My home phone is not working. I had called the 0345 454 1111 support line and got to the point where i am told they are running some tests and to call back in 10 minutes, tap in my home phone number and I will be able to get the results straight away. I called back as directed but was not given the oprion to tap in the number and was instead presented the same options ended up with the same promise of testing with results in 10 minutes. 

The automated system thinks I recently called for a broadband issue which is not the case. 

The automated system also advised me to call from the virgin phone number which makes no sense considering I'd chosen the menu options to say that I cannot make or receive phone calls. 

I want to speak to a human please rather than waste my time on an automated system that is not able to assist me

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They were just trying to get rid of the call so it could be classed as fixed. Although it may not seem it, it is a broadband fault because that is the network that the phone connection is carried on. Try calling again or wait 2 or 3 days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Slapmongous,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, hope you have kept well, sorry to hear your home Phone isn't working and that you have been unable to get the help you need.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is an issue with your Phone, it looks like you may still be using the standard wall socket and haven't been part of our Landline Switchover..

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.