Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect with New Zealand landlines?

I have been phoning New Zealand for an hour and keep getting a message: 'Sorry, the service you require cannot be connected!' I can ring Australia and Canada and local UK numbers, but not NZ at this time: 7:30 Friday 21/02/2020. I realise this is not a Virgin fault, burt does anyong know what is going on. I've never had this in 33 years of calling NZ. Google is no help as it goes straight to 'call' comments about cellphones. Cheers?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect with New Zealand landlines?

Morning @wokelly

Cheers for popping along to our Community last week - sorry that you were having some issues calling New Zealand.

I was able to locate your services via your Forum information in order to go through some checks and I can see that the issue has already been raised as a known issue. 

This has been logged under reference number F007816163. After checking the ticket for updates today, I can see that we're still investigating but are asking customers to retest today if at all possible to see if the issue has been restored. 

Please do pop back with an update when you can and if you're still having the same issue, I can update the team accordingly. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect with New Zealand landlines?

Thanks to the answerers. The blockage ceased on Sunday. My initial joke about the murder trial coverage hogging bandwidth was probably correct. I know it was NOT a Virgin issue as a cousin in Adelaide had the same problem phoning NZ at that time. Cheers.

0 Kudos