cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call +353 numbers

DannyMcL
Joining in

Since yesterday I have to use my mobile to call ireland - I get a crossed line or so it sounds when I try. 

Faults team dreadful - why do they never do a warm handover? Everytime I'm xferred I have to redo security - this is not good customer service. 

Fault passed to FMS - useless. Its costing me a fortune to keep in contact with family. Customer service was never good. Its **bleep**in dreadful now. 

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DannyMcL,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your calls to those numbers. 

To confirm, is this happening from your Landline or Mobile?

^Martin

B9b
Joining in

I am having and have had the same problem since approximately November 2021.  VM contact centre pass me round their teams as quick as they can get rid of me. They have escalated it, sent out an engineer, told me to wait 48 hours, contacted their IT Dept (who advised the numbers I have been trying to dial, are not in service! One of them is my own Irish mobile - Vodafone & sufficiently topped up).  There appears to be an inability and lack of willingness to resolve this issue such that I can’t help thinking VM are restricting my use of the service (I have paid for Talk International).  I shall soon be ditching VM for a dedicated VOIP provider, Vonage or similar. Suggest you do the same. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DannyMcL thanks for your reply although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised. 

From what I can see, it does look like you've received some contact about this since your post - have things been resolved for you or has there been any further developments since your post yesterday?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It's solved now... Took nr a week and a load of O2 top ups. Calling Ireland on a PAYG mobile is extortionate.

Complaint re cold handovers outstanding - I don't expect any response as it seems to be normal these days. On 1 call I had to do security 3 times which is not acceptable. 

Thanks for the update DannyMcL

Great to hear you managed to resolve this 

Gareth_L