Menu
yamusing
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling phone line

How do you cancel the phone line but keep the broadband? Since the phone isn't needed, the "My Package" page there's only an upgrade and not cancel option.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling phone line

You can, but don't go thinking you are going to get a large saving from dropping it, as having a landline on your account attracts a hefty discount. The saving used to only be about £4 a month, it maybe even less if you have to renegotiate your Broadband price.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
yamusing
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My account has basically no discount, £51.50 a month for the broadband+phone, while for £2 less I could get only broadband with double the speed.

How could I change the contract?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Phone VM. That's the only way to do it. Oh, you need a phone for that and 150 is free on VM phone lines.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Yamusing and welcome to our community.

To remove a service you would need to go through to the cancellations team as this is what it is classed as to remove one service.

They're contactable over the phone on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 or alternatively they're also on our text service at the moment on +44753 305 1809. 

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@yamusing wrote:

My account has basically no discount, £51.50 a month for the broadband+phone, while for £2 less I could get only broadband with double the speed.

How could I change the contract?

The only thing is to phone retentions & see what they offer. The new customer pages on the website are aimed at new customers. You will not necessarily be offered these terms as an existing customer

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos