Menu
superloopy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling - do i get a PAC

I'm ooc next month aand have no intention of renewing after recent price increase. Do i get a pac code to provide to my next supplier or can they (vodafone) port everything across?

0 Kudos
superloopy1
Joining in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Why a price increase now?

I'm in a contract which ends 12th March, been £38 monthly until this month when my bill has gone to £39.80/ Just wondering why as this is still within my 12month contract. Anyone any ideas. I thought the 'increase' wasnt applied until after march 1?

I'm leaving anyways but thought i'd just chivvy up the march 1st rise and then cancel, makes life a lot easier. Also not sure how i go about transferring my landline number, i assume when i cancel altogether i can get a pac code then??

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why a price increase now?

You are billed a month in advance.

You will need to ask your new provider to transfer the number over from VM. This usually takes around 8 days and will cancel your landline with VM.

You will need to contact VM separately to cancel your broadband, and  TV if you have them with VM.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
superloopy1
Joining in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. So I don't need a pac code to switch the landline away from virgin? Can Voda  broadband service start if my broadband hasn't been closed down with virgin?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling - do i get a PAC

Good Afternoon superloopy1,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you're choosing to leave Virgin Media

For you to perform a number port from your VM landline to your new providers landline service, you will need to ensure that both lines are active.

You will need to instruct your new provider of the number port request and we will then seek to liaise with directly and release the phone number for you new provider to take on.

In regards to requesting a PAC code, if you wish to move a mobile phone number from our services to a new provider, we will need to issue you with a PAC code and you then have approximately 30 days to issue this to your new provider. 

Once this has been issued, it will take up to 24 hours, to switch over, on working days only. Do please let us know if we can be any further assist to you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
superloopy1
Joining in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I'm confused, does a landline number move from virgin to vodafone require a pac code from virgin or does taking the service from vodafone prompt the move? I'm getting nowhere with this .... phone, hold, connection drops, web chat, app, help no help at all, no messga eoption available .... rinse and repeat. An absolute joke to the extent that i have now written to cancel EVERYTHING within the t&cs of the recently announced price increase. I'm never coming back to virgin, speed or otherwise. I'll wait for 3 %G service to arrive in the NorthEast! Until then i'll stumble along on vodafone 2 fibre. And that's from an ex Telewest customer, remeber those good old days. Speed isnt everyone people!
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@superloopy1 wrote:
I'm confused, does a landline number move from virgin to vodafone require a pac code from virgin or does taking the service from vodafone prompt the move?

If you had bothered to read every single post made on your original query rather than ranting here you would have understood that PAC codes are NOT needed. You just ask Voda to do the number transfer and you must not cancel your VM landline number before the transfer is done. The number transfer does the cancellation for you Is that clear now?

I'm getting nowhere with this .... phone, hold, connection drops, web chat, app, help no help at all, no messga eoption available .... rinse and repeat. An absolute joke to the extent that i have now written to cancel EVERYTHING within the t&cs of the recently announced price increase. I'm never coming back to virgin, speed or otherwise. I'll wait for 3 %G service to arrive in the NorthEast! Until then i'll stumble along on vodafone 2 fibre. And that's from an ex Telewest customer, remeber those good old days. Speed isnt everyone people!

Throwing toys out of the pam is your prerogative. But the advice you were given was clear and correct. The line transfer is initiated by Vodafone and complete by VM. You do not need to tell VM about it. All you need to ensure is that you do not cancel your landline when you cancel the rest of your package. Personally I'd have no difficulty following that at all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

A PAC code is only applicable for mobile phones.

As you're referring to porting a number over from Virgin Media to Vodafone, you need to advise them of this and they will seek to contact us to request the phone number and to complete the number port.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

superloopy1
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

not too difficult to see who"s doing the ranting here, red doesn't suit you. Lighten up bud ...

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi @superloopy1

Thanks for posting. sorry you wish to cancel.

@newapollo is correct, you'll need to get the new provider to port your landline to them, no PAC as this is for mobile. 

The other services, you'll need to cancel yourself and has no impact on your services with another provider

Kind regards, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos