cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling BT landline transfer number

Spatuxedo
Tuning in

I have had a VM line for several years but never used it. Now we have signed up to a new package with VM it makes sense to cancel BT landline and transfer number to VM. How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call VM and ask for the number to be transferred. That's literally it. You need not contact BT.

VM will arrange with BT to transfer the number & on that date your BT line & account will be terminated automatically.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Spatuxedo,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and for your landline number query.

You can take a look at our How To Keep My Number page to see how to complete the number transfer process. Do you want to keep your BT landline number? If so, please let us know and we'll be happy to arrange this for you. If you're not wanting to keep your BT number and your Virgin Media package already includes a landline, you will already have a number assigned to you.

Please let us know how you'd like to move forward and we'll do our best to assist.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs