cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

nancymcilree
Joining in

I used Easy Letters online form to cancel my account VM have said they didn't receive it  and that my 30 days notice won't start until Wednesday of last week.I am paid up to 5th June and have cancelled my Direct Debit.

14 REPLIES 14

carl_pearce
Community elder

All that cancelling your direct debit will do is cause you credit issues in the future.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nancymcilree 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're leaving us. 

If we did not receive your letter, then your 30 day notice would start from the date you contacted us to let us know you wanted to disconnect. 

We would advise against cancelling your direct debit as this can impact your credit file and you may incur late payment fees. 

Let me know if we can help with anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nancymcilree
Joining in

I have a copy of e-mail to easy letters

We're unable to assist with cancellations via the Forums @nancymcilree but if you send a message to our WhatsApp team on +447305 327 112, they can look into it further. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@nancymcilree wrote:

I used Easy Letters online form to cancel my account VM have said they didn't receive it  and that my 30 days notice won't start until Wednesday of last week.I am paid up to 5th June and have cancelled my Direct Debit.

What address did you send the cancellation to?

If your 'Easy Letters' service was this

https://easyletter.co.uk/termination-letter/virgin-media

then the address showing in Swansea closed in 2018 AFAIK, which would explain why your letter was not received.

The correct address is in Sunderland, from this page and the button 'I want to cancel'

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

As already advised by carl_pearce, the only thing that cancelling your direct debit will do is harm your credit history. VM will continue to bill you, as per normal, right up to your disconnection date. If a payment fails, it will set in motion VM's debt recovery processes (which work a lot more efficiently than the rest of the company's admin functions).

Hi nancymcilree, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one once again. 

I can see that goslow has provided a link to our most up to date information when wanting to leave Virgin Media. It's really important you follow the correct process to ensure your cancellation goes without a hitch. 

We cannot be held responsible for out of date or incorrect information on third party sites. 

There are 3 different ways in which you can give your notice. These are: 

1. You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  2. You can WhatsApp the team on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
  3. You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

The 30 days notice will begin from the date the cancellation is processed for you and you'll receive a final bill a few days after the disconnection date. When cancelling your Direct Debit, not only does it put you at risk of late payment fees, it also means we would be unable to refund via BACS if a credit is due back to you so you would get the refund via cheque instead. 

If you have any further issues with cancelling via the methods above, please pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I tried that it's Robotic so couldn't help

Hi @nancymcilree 

Which one did you try please? Whatsapp is automated at the start but it's to get you through the right team, which in this case is cancellations.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Why is it so difficult to cancel Virgin we have had a great service but trying to cancel is a nightmare firstly it takes days to get through then it takes 50 mins on the phone should be an easier system