Menu
grassbluehair
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you block individual home and mobile numbers?

Hello,

Is it possible to block individual home and mobile telephone numbers from your Virgin Media landline? I understand you can block anonymous calls but what about individual landline numbers.  BT allow customers to block landline numbers I think.  

I dont think you can with Virgin Media. Might have to leave them as this is very important to me. Wonder why some providers provide this facility but VM do not. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you block individual home and mobile numbers?

No sure if the telecoms providers will block numbers for you unless it is part of a screening/blocking package. The VM offering for this is quite limited.

If you are wanting to block specific numbers from people you know (as opposed to fake/spoofed numbers) then you can buy phones which have that as a simple blocking feature.

If you want to screen/block calls more generally (i.e. scam/spam calls as well) then you need a more sophisticated phone or standalone device with these features.

There have been numerous posts on the forum in the last few weeks regarding this.

0 Kudos
grassbluehair
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Think I will buy a phone that can do this. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Presumably you also need some way of screening out 'Witheld' or 'Unavailable' calls etc. on the assumption that any of the unwanted numbers calling you may just block their number being sent on Caller ID.

Whichever device you decide to buy, check out some online reviews for it regarding any comments on how it performs on the VM phone network and also on the newer VM 21CV phone connections from the back of the Hub. There have been one or two mentions on the forums about issues for some users with VM Caller ID for some of these phones.

grassbluehair
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thats a good point. Need to also consider the anonymous calls too and how the phones work on VM network. Thanks for your insight on this. 

0 Kudos