cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't report a landline fault?

vannylu
Joining in

My elderly mother hasn't had a working phoneline for nearly 2 weeks.  The service status at the time said there were issues with broadband but not the phone, but as others nearby had reported problems we assumed that it was a general issue and would be fixed.  When you try to call her number it doesn't ring and just cuts off.  When you try to call out the display on the phone display says 'line in use'.  Yes I've tried another handset.  As it is so difficult to report a landline fault I gave up at the time but now it is beyond a joke and I still cannot find how to report a fault easily.  It seems like you have to post on the forum then someone might help.  Not exactly something that a 90 year old can do is it?

HOW DO I GET THIS FIXED ASAP?

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vannylu 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your mother has been experiencing problems with her Landline service. Can you please confirm how the Landline is connected? Is it through a wall socket, or the back of the Hub?

If your Landline isn't connected via the back of the Hub, have you received any adapters in the post recently? If so, can you try plugging this into the back of your Hub and plugging the Landline connection into the adapter?

If you have a multi-handset setup, the "Line in use" error can show if one of the handsets are engaged in some way, so please check the handsets you have to ensure they're not engaged.

Let us know how things go, and we'll do our best to assist further, if needed.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

vannylu
Joining in

Hi

I don't believe the phone is connected via the hub but I won't be able to check that until I go there later in the week.  There is only one phone but there is the call button equipment connected.  I have tried unplugging that and plugging the phone directly into the socket and no different. 

I don't get this method of reporting an issue.  How could someone who doesn't use the internet or have someone to help them out possibly fix their own phoneline?  There must be a better method than this?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vannylu 👋

Thanks for providing a further update on this. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this and assist you, and your mother further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ