Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive incoming landline calls

Hi

I am unable to receive incoming calls from a landline.  I am able to receive incoming calls from mobile numbers and can call out to mobiles and landline numbers but friends and family can't get through from their landline.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive incoming landline calls

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums delete20 and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your landline phone

Can you tell me if this is just one particular landline phone that's unable to call you or have you having this issue with other landline phones and mobiles too? Who is the provider of the landline that' unable to call you?

Have you been able to try a different handset in the phone socket and have you also removed all other pieces of equipment from the phone line to see if these calls can come through?

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

I need to explain a little bit more, I connected my phone to the virgin media phone wall socket on the activation date but my phone handset was showing 'line cord error' and there was no dial tone.  I waited 24 hours but nothing changed. I then decided to connect my phone directly to the router and it started to work, I didn't know there was a problem until my daughter called me from her mobile when she normally calls me from  her Sky landline.  She told me that it just rings and rings but on my side there is no ringing. 

I have done some checking and I am able to receive calls from mobiles and virgin landlines via the router but if I connect the phone to the wall socket I get nothing, no dial tone and the handset displays 'line cord error'.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying, delete2020.

Please let us take a look from our end to see if we can identify what's causing this. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details. Please get back to me when you can and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos