Menu
Sheebs65
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive incoming calls

Hi

We are having trouble receiving calls to our landline. The person calling in gets the engaged tone and are not able to leave a message on our voicemail, although I'm able to make outgoing calls no problem.

I'm a carer for my dad and am the main contact for his community alarm.  

I've checked the service status - all okay.  I've called 150 and was on the line for 25 minutes and still didn't get put through to anyone.

I would also like to remove the voicemail for my account as we have an answering machine in the house.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline @Sheebs65.

I have been able to locate your account from your community profile and can see that this needs to be checked into by our faults team.

I have arranged for the faults team to look into this and they will be in touch very soon to discuss this further with you and hopefully with the resolution.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Freestones
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We moved address last week. Broadband & TV is working fine. Our landline phone is able to make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls. When I try to call from my mobile I get a message saying this is an invalid number. Please advise. Thank you Alan

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the Community Forums! We appreciate you coming here for help with your landline issue. I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble receiving calls since moving home.

Can you pleas confirm if you requested to keep your existing landline number and whether the landline is plugged into the hub or the wall socket? I'll do my best to help.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Freestones
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Thank you for your message.

When I spoke to a Virgin colleague about moving to a new address they were aware that we our package included the landline so I expected the phone number to be included and transferred across.

The phone is plugged into the hub as per the instructions that were sent through. Initially I did plug it into the wall socket but that did not work either.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Alan 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Thank you for coming back with the details. If the landline number wasn't requested to be kept, there's a possibility that you may have been given a new number with your new account. Have you signed up for your new My Virgin Media account yet? If so, can you please log in, you should be able to see your landline number from there.

If not, can you please call your mobile from your landline and check what number appears? Please let me know if your existing or new number is showing and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
ChrisSteedman
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this same issue. I can make calls just fine but not receive them.

My phone is plugged into the hub. It's a new number, so it hasn't been transferred. I've tried a couple of different phones, and I've even tried plugging them into a different line at a friend's house just to make sure they worked properly there, which they did.

0 Kudos
Freestones
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

My existing number ending 7250 shows online & also on my mobile when I ring out

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, we can't see any reason that it wouldn't be able to recieve calls on our end. 

Are there any issues with the other services?

Do you have any features on the line which may block numbers? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Freestones
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

the internet & tv are working fine. As I say we can make outgoing calls no problem. The phone has no call barring features

If you cannot find any fault what other options do we have?

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos