Menu
thegreatjonzo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive calls on landline after number port

Hi

Approximately one month ago I had a new phone service added to my broadband only contract.

I asked to port my number over but because I closed my old network first I was told that number port may not be possible.

I was given a new number which I have given to all the people who know my landline.

Today, my brother tried to call me and a message said number unavailable. I checked the phone and there was a dial tone and I could dial out. I dialled my mobile to try and was astonished to find my port number was displayed.

So, in short, I can dial out ok, but cannot receive calls as it's says unavailable. (Both my new number and ported number won't receive calls).

Please help.......

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive calls on landline after number port

Hi thegreatjonzo,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with your landline and number port since moving over to Virgin Media.

So we can help further, can you first please check to see whether your old number has ported over to us, or whether you are currently using a new number? You can view your landline number from your My Virgin Media account if you'd already registered, or if you try calling your mobile from your landline phone, you'll be able to see the number on there.

Let us know and we can go from there 🙂

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
thegreatjonzo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth.

The number I got when my phone service was activated has been disconnected. The ported number is listed on my virgin media and on the cli when I ring my mobile.

However, I can only ring out. When I ring in on the ported number it says the number is not in service.

Chris

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for clarifying that for us.

I've been able to look into things from this end and we've triggered the port which should fix the failed incoming call issue. Can I ask that you please check the phone line again in 2 hours to see if you're able to receive calls without any issues then?

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
thegreatjonzo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for your help. It's all working now.

Shame though that Virgin Media didn't let me know they were changing my number back!

Kind regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I'm pleased to hear it's all working now for you, thanks for the update :).

I am sorry that you weren't made aware and you've been kept in the dark regarding your number port. If there's anything else we can help you with in future please do just let us know.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos