Menu
BazP
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive calls from one other landline telephone

My mother is unable to call me on my Virgin landline from her TalkTalk landline and I wondered whether my number (or her number) may be somehow blocked?

I am able to receive call from any other landline or mobile 
and I am able to call her landline from mine
and s
he is able to call any other landline or mobile and she can call me ok using her mobile.

Its very strange but there seems to be a block from her landline to mine.

0 Kudos
BazP
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive calls from one other landline telephone

Could this problem be related to an earlier post by Stephanie https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/458833:

Why is landline blocking some numbers
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @BazP

Welcome to our Community and for your first ever post to our Forums - sorry that your Mum is having some issues calling you at the moment. 

As you can call her OK and are receiving all other calls without an issue, it may be her line with the fault. I have located your account from your forum details and there are no issues that we can see from the outset - there are no features that would stop anyone calling you like in the link you provided. 

What happens when she tries to call you? Has she reported this to her provider as yet? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BazP
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, 
Many thanks for your reply.
She says that when she calls me, she hears it ring just once and then goes to a continuous tone. 

No she hasn't been able to get through to TakTalk by telephone and she doesn't have a computer or smart phone, so can't message them.
Maybe I could try on her behalf.

Regards,

Barry

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi BazP,

As Katie has advised we can't see any issues with things on our side, 

Are you able to contact TalkTalk on your mothers behalf?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
BazP
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

We are still corresponding with TalkTalk about this issue.
They have now advised that will be asking their engineering team to investigate.
I will let you know when we know any more.

Thanks,
Barry

0 Kudos
BazP
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TalkTalk have now advised that their engineering team have completed their investigation and have found nothing at their end.
This is their response:

Our Network Team have just come back to me and advised that they have checked this from our side and that everything looks fine and they can't see any issues that would be causing this. We can only really advise raising this again with your daughters provider to see if there is anything else that they can check.
Thanks

This is very frustrating as we don't seem to have a way forward. My mother is elderly, with dementia and is now having to pay to call me from her mobile.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi BazP,

Can you please advise me if the handset is plugged into the master socket or if this is plugged into an extension?

Can you also tell me if your have additional pieces of equipment plugged into the phone line? If so, how many?

Please remove any other pieces of equipment and ask your Mother if she can then try a call through to you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
BazP
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 
We Panasonic Wireless phones with 4 handsets. No other equipment plugged into the phone socket.

I can try plugging a different handset straight into the socket and get her to phone. Sounds a bit unlikely, but maybe worth a try.
She used to be able to call me a number of weeks ago and nothing has changed at our end since

Regards,

Barry

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Barry,

Please try one of the alternative handsets in the master socket with nothing else connected to the phone line if possible and arrange a test call 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos