Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive calls, but can make calls...

Hi 

Bit of background; Virgin broadband/phone plan taken with me in a house move to a 'purple' area and now my telephone landline wont work.

Four weeks of asking Virgin for help and i finally get a service engineer to come out.  He's none the wiser and says its a got to be a phone fault (even though its worked with Virgin and i subsequently tested it on a BT line too, working absolutely fine).  He explained to my wife that its these new routers (Hub3) that can also be the problem.

He left saying there's nothing he can do, so im back to square one.

Can anyone help please?

I can make calls.  When im on the phone, the telephone line coming in goes to answerphone and sometimes i get a faint ring, but then it cuts off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive calls, but can make calls...

I have similar situation. I had phone and internet installed last week 03/12/19 and all working fine but no incoming calls from mobiles from what I can tell. When I ring my number from a mobile I get 2 beeps and it cuts off. I have tried from a few mobile phones and same outcome. Had a tech come out and he said it can take awhile for the number to port over from previous provider. I can make calls and receive calls only from people calling from a landline. It’s been over a week and still no joy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi d1bble, welcome to our community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your telephone service. I have had a look at your account and I cannot find any faults showing.  So I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I'm going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee, will do.

0 Kudos