Menu
Helena4
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't erase unwanted greeting on landline

I moved with my landline back in December - at the time Virgin didn't connect it up properly - there was a dialing tone but incoming calls were not getting through - so I left a greeting - which I could do - just saying that if whoever wanted to speak to me to call my mobile (which is nothing to do with virgin); after a couple of weeks Virgin corrected whatever was wrong with the landline; and now - if anyone calls my landline and I am not around to answer the normal Virgin greeting is played; but if I am using the landline - the message I originally made is played! and interestingly - it is played almost as soon as the number is dialled!! I have spoken to two people at Virgin today - both very helpful - the first tried to put me through to 'a higher pay-grade' - I was cut off before I got through - the second person I spoke to also tried to put me through to 'a highter pay-grade' - in fact he hung on until I was put through -as I was talking to  the 'higher pay grade' - I was cut off ... I've had enough ... I will write a letter to Virgin with this problem ....but if anyone knows how to solve it I would be grateful 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't erase unwanted greeting on landline

Good Evening Helena4,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been struggling with the voicemail feature on the landline

Can you please tell me if we've discussed the possibility of disabling the voicemail feature for you on our end?

Does the landline phone your using also come with it's own voicemail feature?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Helena4
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for getting back to me; no - there was no discussion on disabling the voicemail - I don't really want it disabled!  And yes, the phone I have does its own voicemail feature; which I have turned off!  I could delete the greeting (on the handset) but the original one I made which I don't want is still there - if I call my landline - it rings (for a long time as I wanted) and then my greeting which I had recorded first comes up!! and if I leave a message - when I pick up the phone and dial the usual 1571 the message is there; I have - on the option when using 1571 - re-recorded my greeting .... but it doesn't come up ... its just the one I made and no longer want!!!   My phone is a cheap and cheerful twin cordless with answerphone Panasonic model no: KX-TGC220E - but as I have turned off the greeting ... is it something embedded Virgin?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen, 

If you have turned off your phones own voicemail service and are using ours then this would play our voicemail message.

If you'd like us to remove our own voicemail service so you can use your own personal message please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Helena4 wrote:

I moved with my landline back in December - at the time Virgin didn't connect it up properly <snip>

A bit of a confusing history and problem here but sounds like the VM mailbox needs resetting back to its default condition so you can start over again with it (assuming you have no messages on there you need to keep) and if there is such an option to do that.

Are you using the free voicemail or the paid-for voicemail plus service?

Any reason not to just turn off the VM mailbox altogether and use the answering machine on your home phones? You then have complete control of that yourself without any further unnecessary involvement or hassle with VM.

0 Kudos
Helena4
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

... agree it is confusing! But thanks for your reply - perhaps I should turn off the VM mailbox (I think it is free) - how do I do it?  

0 Kudos
Helena4
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How do I let you know I want voicemail turned off?

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The VM forum team need to do that for you. Hopefully they will come back to this quickly and arrange it for you via private message.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI Helena4, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We would be happy to assist in removing the voicemail service for you. We will just need to grab a few more details so I am going to pop you over a private message now.  This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
Helena4
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks ... someone has just got back to me

0 Kudos