cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t dial out to local calls (national ok!)

traceyjo
Joining in

HELP PLEASE!

This is on behalf of my elderly mother. She is at her wits end trying to sort this out, and I am at my wits end with the number of texts she’s sending me about this! For some reason, she cannot use her virgin landline to make very local calls (starting 966) in the Reading area. She can make other calls in the Reading area that start with a different number and she can make national calls to other areas. Adding the (0118) area code makes no difference. It’s been suggested to her that these numbers may have blocked her, but considering it’s the Doctors, the Dentist and her closest friend, that’s obviously not the case.
Can somebody please help?! She lives on her own. She’s nearly 80, and she relies on the phone. The service she has received so far has not been great. In fact this morning, I think she may have been up-sold to a different package, which includes a mobile SIM which she doesn’t need - something else I’ll have to sort out, no doubt!

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi traceyjo,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble your Mother is experiencing with calling local numbers. I completely agree, it doesn't sound like it's a case of the owners of the numbers blocking her. It could be a possible routing issue. We'll be happy to look into this with you and do our best to resolve this for her.

I've dropped you a private message so I can take some details.

Thanks,

Beth