Menu
PMBlogger
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming calls

New hub and other services installed last week all working except the home phone. I can make calls fine but the phone will not receive incoming calls. Incoming callers hear the phone ring and then go to voicemail, if they leave a message 1571 says no new messages. This seems to be a known problem but I've now spent four days and about 12 hours on the phone to support, who just keep repeating the sames tests and telling me it will be fixed in x hours but it never is. What the hell are Virgin doing about it? I've logged a complaint but will probably never hear back from them. Is there anything I can do except switch back to my previous supplier?

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming calls

Hi @PMBlogger

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your landline not receiving incoming calls, I'm sorry to hear you are unable to receive calls at the moment.

Can you confirm a few things for me please so that I can investigate this further - When you got your services installed last week, did you keep your old landline phone number / port your number over to us?

I've looked into the local area for any outages but there doesn't appear to be any showing currently.

Can you tell me if you're struggling to take calls from multiple phone number or is this just one number? Do mobiles connect? Have you also been able to try multiple landline networks also?

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
PMBlogger
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, the answers are:

When you got your services installed last week, did you keep your old landline phone number / port your number over to us? I still have the old landline phone number, Virgin have given me a new number for the VOIP service.

Can you tell me if you're struggling to take calls from multiple phone number or is this just one number? Just the one number.

Do mobiles connect? No.

Have you also been able to try multiple landline networks also? No only my existing one.

Thanks again,

John.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah, okay. Thanks for the details John.

You have previously stated that the calls go to voicemail, do you have a voicemail feature that comes with the handset or do you have the voicemail feature that Virgin Media offers to customers?

Can you tell me if the handset is plugged into the master socket or if this is plugged into an extension?

If this is in an extension socket, can you please plug into the master socket for me and remove all other pieces of that are connected to the phone line (if there are any) and then run a test call to see if you can get more than two rings out of it?

Please let me know how you get on with this,

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
PMBlogger
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarena,

Using Virgin Media 1571.

Plugged into socket 1 on the hub (engineer told me to plug it in there).

No rings as usual.

John.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for getting back to me on this John.

I'd like to book an engineer appointment for you to get this landline issue resolved so that you can receive calls again. I am going to send you over a private message now for the details so that I can book this. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
PMBlogger
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will do.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for responding to my private message John.

Please do keep us updated in this thread on how things go with receiving calls on your landline following the engineer visit 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
PMBlogger
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks again Serena.

0 Kudos