Menu
JohnQuays
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can make outgoing calls but not receive any incoming calls (key worker)

Apologies if this has been covered before. Hub / broadband / home phone installed last Saturday.

I can make calls from my home phone but anybody who tries to call the home phone number in question gets an error message saying "invalid number" or "number does not exist". Every operator I have spoken to asks me the same questions, e.g. "are you sure the handset is connected?" and does not understand the issue... I'm at a loss. Any advice?

Interestingly, in the starter kit I received it said I should by now have been notified of my home phone number, either via txt message or email. I received neither. The only way I found out what my number is was by making a call to a mobile from my handset.

I am a key worker and must under my terms of employment be contactable on a landline... Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can make outgoing calls but not receive any incoming calls (key worker)

Hello JOhnQuays

Sorry to hear of the landline issues but thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forum.

Can you confirm if the landline is used via a wall socket or your Hub? If it' the Hub, are you currently experiencing any issues with your broadband?

What happens when you try to call your number from your mobile? Do you get any messages or tones?

Rob

0 Kudos
JohnQuays
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can make outgoing calls but not receive any incoming calls (key worker)

Hi Rob

Everything is connected as it should. It's connected to the Hub. Making outgoing calls = no problem.

When calling my home phone from a mobile I get two sharp tones/peeps, the message "number not valid" and it disconnects. A friend tried to call from a landline and got "the number you have dialled does not exist".

If this cannot be fixed as a matter of urgency I must seek elsewhere; as explained I am contractually bound to be reachable by landline.

0 Kudos