Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can i still keep my old phone number

Hi all. Were due to be connected and have virgin media installed on the 13th April but will still have our phone connected by our current provider. Will i be able to keep our old number as there will be at least two weeks overlap with current and Virgin providers or will i have to have a new number provided by virgin, Hope this makes sense

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can i still keep my old phone number

you will be given a new number by VM and you can port your number later.
To port the number the old provider must still be active with no cancelation on the account.
Once the number is transferred the phone line will be cancelled with the old provider automaticly

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi
Have you mentioned when you signed up with Virgin that you want to keep your landline number and provided the number?
If yes, then you need to keep the number active with the current provider to make sure it can be ported for at least 7 days.
If no, then you need to get in touch with Customer Service via the web chat and request it, otherwise you will automatically be offered a new landline number and it will be more complicated to have it transferred over.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I hope this helps you with your question. Yes you'll be able to keep your old number. You'll need to contact customer support to start the,number porting process. It can take 24 hours to be ported but yes it can be done.

Please then contact us via text on 07533051809 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I asked to keep my old number when i signed up , didnt know if there would be a problem as im with talktalk at the moment and had to sign up for an extra month with them due to virgin not installing on the date they promised and then rescheduled for the 13th apr.. Not sure how they would connect my phone up if the number still belongs to my current provider

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you will get a new number with VM and then when you port your current number it will replace the new number

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So i can leave things as they are until VM is installed ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi
Just make sure the current landline number is active when the Virgin Media account will be activated to be ported over as an inactive number sometimes it can be a nuisance to port and you risk loosing it.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks for your help everyone. Its much appreciated

0 Kudos