cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can VM block a withheld number?

Data
On our wavelength

Hi, I hope this question finds you well.

On last two consecutive nights, the home phone has rang. Roughly, one at 3:30 am, the other at 4:30 am, and both numbers hidden. I have enabled night mode on the device, so further disturbance avoided.

No message is recorded, but I wondered if VM might be able to block this number if it continues, or would I need a subscription to anonymous call rejection?

Nobody who needs the number specifically is going to call through the night, so I guess the night mode would do, but just wondered.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Data, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are getting random calls at silly o'clock.

We wouldn't be able to block the number for you but you should be able to do this from the phone.

We can also look at adding anonymous call rejection if you want but as mentioned there would be a cost to this.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Data, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are getting random calls at silly o'clock.

We wouldn't be able to block the number for you but you should be able to do this from the phone.

We can also look at adding anonymous call rejection if you want but as mentioned there would be a cost to this.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Data
On our wavelength

Thanks Matthew, for affirming. I guess I'll leave it as is.

Take care.

Hey Data, no problem at all.

If you need anything going forward you know where to find us . Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Blocking a withheld number is not a smart move as you would block calls from Banks, Hospitals, Doctors etc etc ...