cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch off the Landline EBUL phone

Barnsue
Tuning in

Just connected  to Virgin this afternoon and haven’t had it before. I don’t want the horrible big white phone the man gave me to be ringing every time my home phone rings. How do I turn it off ? 

14 REPLIES 14

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Bransue, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Just to confirm, when you signed up to the service did you advise the team that you needed a back up line? This would only be fitted if it was needed. If it was turned off it would mean if the phone line went down you'd lose the back up line.

Was this something you still wanted to do?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi I do need the back up but only if there’s a power cut. I’ll have my own phone which is also plugged in. I don’t want the big white phone ringing every time my house phone rings. The engineer said I didn’t need to keep it on all the time but I don’t know how to turn it off until I need it once it’s charged. 

Hi Barnsue 

You can remove the connection from the phone to the back of the Hub 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. Yes I’ve done that but it’s still connected via 3G it says. I’m wondering if I can actually turn it off. 

Thanks Barnsue

Can you please send a picture of this and we can advise from here 

Gareth_L

It won’t let Jesse d it , it exceeds the file allowed. The phone is not plugged into the router now and it is displaying a message which says ‘ line fault mobile mode ‘. I am also concerned I will now be charged data costs if it rings 

• CE7D446A-40E3-4729-BA9C-36FE4B170DFE.jpeg

Sorry for the delay Barnsue, Yes you can switch the phone off now

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. My question is how to turn it off though ? There is no switch on it. Thank you for all your help so far. Much appreciated. Susan