Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can I switch home phone for data sim?

Hello!

I signed up a couple months ago for Virgin Broadband and it came with a free home phone. The thing is I've no use for the home phone, and haven't even bothered to buy one. My mobile contract with EE has unlimited calls and texts.

What I would like is the 5GB data sim I have since seen offered with broadband packages as I could use this in my iPad. Is it possible to change the additional item on a plan from the phone to the data sim, and if so how do I do so?

Thanks for your time! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I switch home phone for data sim?

Hi there @Kalou

Welcome to our Community and for your first post on our forums. 

It sounds like you signed up for our Dual package with Broadband and Landline - is that what you are referring to?

I'm afraid we do not offer a Broadband and Mobile dual package. We do offer mobile services with our Broadband, TV and landline package on what is called an Ooomph Bundle though - however these SIMs cannot be used in an iPad. 

We do offer Broadband Solus packages which may suit you better if you do not use your landline. However, any changes you make to your package whilst in contract could incur charges.

If you're looking for data SIMs - we do offer Mobile WiFi here: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/mobile-wifi

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie

Thanks for your message. I did some research and I believe the deal I am referring to is 

M100 with Oomph: Includes average speeds of 108Mbps plus a smartphone SIM with 5GB of data and unlimited calls/texts.

I have an iPad with cellular connectivity so this would be really useful for me. But the home phone is not. It looks to be around the same price as what I currently pay. Please let me know how I can switch and what charges I would incur.

Many thanks

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there @Kalou

It sounds like you signed up for our Dual package with Broadband and Landline - is that what you are referring to?

I'm afraid we do not offer a Broadband and Mobile dual package. We do offer mobile services with our Broadband, TV and landline package on what is called an Ooomph Bundle though - however these SIMs cannot be used in an iPad. 

We do offer Broadband Solus packages which may suit you better if you do not use your landline. However, any changes you make to your package whilst in contract could incur charges.

If you're looking for data SIMs - we do offer Mobile WiFi here: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/mobile-wifi

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there @Kalou

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Kalou.

I'm really sorry to advise you'd not be able to swap a phoneline part of a package for a SIM card as the system doesn't work this way.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

How can I change to the oomf package then?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You'd need to speak to the team, either via calling 150 // 0345 454 1111 or via texting us on 07533051809 and they'll be able to discuss options for taking out the Oomph deal with the TV and SIM. Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

On the website in the Broadband only section there is a deal with the 5GB 4G sim. I do not need TV. Can I not switch to this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This would be a new customer offer only. 

Plus, if you've already got a package for a home phone/broadband deal, you'd need to speak to the team on the above numbers for offers to add a SIM too it.

The only other way would be to disconnect and start again however, if in contract, you'd incur a capped early disconnection fee.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. I called today and arrange to amend my current offer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know. 

We're around if you need anything else 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos