Menu
tully2021
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I have 2 telephone numbers at home

My mother in law is moving into my house , can I keep her number as a second line whilst keeping my own number. she is also currently has a VM account

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I have 2 telephone numbers at home

you should have to take out a second line and VM should be able to transfer the number. Just made sure you so not cancel the old number/line until its all installed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tully2021
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thank you for prompt reply . have spent 5 hours of my life on chat and at the end was told that you can only have 1 sctive telephone number at the address. even though 17 years ago i had 2 numbers 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you can only have one number per phone line. but you should be able to have a second phone line.

Failing that is VM won't take your money port it to www.sipgate.co.uk and use voip

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many people had second lines in the days of dial up internet, me included. But then as people gave them up & moved to Fibre Broadband VM ended up getting a lot more customers, all of whom took these phone lines for voice calls. Hence there is not the capacity now for second lines in the cabinets like there used to be.

You could always transfer the service to VoIP or even BT & have a second working line that is independent of the first. I moved my second line to another provider years ago, as it was cheaper than keeping two Virgin lines.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tully2021,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion over your additional line query. 

You can have two separate lines with different numbers in the same household. 

As it's been mentioned the number you're wanting to bring over to us would need to remain active with the current provider so we can port this over to us.

If you'd like me to help with this let me know and I'll pop you over a private message. 

Alex_Rm

tully2021
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_rm

thank you for confirmation. VM are the current provider of the number I want to port over. 

Yes happy to have your assistance 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No worries, 

I'll pop you over a private message to get a few more details from you 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos