I need a new landline number as I am being inundated with nuisance calls

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I change my landline number

VM can do that for you via the forum team.

This question cropped up a short while ago. See if any info. in the topic below helps before you decide on changing number.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/How-do-I-change-my-Virgin-Media-landline-phone-numbe...

Other call blockers are also available at a range of price points inc. CPR Call Blocker and some types of cordless phones have the feature built in. Phones which only block one single number at a time are not, however, much use for automatic robo-dialler nuisance calls.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Firstly, there are no such thing as “new” numbers, only recycled ones. Changing numbers is a bit like Russian roulette now. You never know who had the number before, or why it was given up.

Virgin Media have allocated ranges in each STD code area, & can only give you numbers in these ranges. If there is a shortage of numbers the “dwell” time (the time between the number being given up & you receiving it) can be as little as 3 months. You can also be unlucky & end up with a number that was previously used by a business.

So if you do go ahead, good luck. I would certainly look at a call blocking phone. You might need it.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joereilly, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the nuisance calls. Before taking such a dramatic step as changing your number have you considered other options such as talking to the police first of all?

In case this is something you'd still like to go ahead with based on the info above, please get back to me via PM and we'll assist further from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos