Menu
BenHawkeye
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Calls to isle of man from uk landline.

I have 'Talk more anytime'. Are calls to IOM included from uk landline. Also to mobiles and landlines in IOM. VM really needs to state more clearly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls to isle of man from uk landline.

No they are not included. IOM is not part of the UK, so a call to the island is not a UK call. The only thing they share with us is the international dialling code, the same as the Channel Islands.

Calls to the Isle of Man are at standard rates though. That means the normal call rates used for UK landlines & mobiles, its just that they are not included in your package. This is in common with all other UK Telco providers.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenHawkeye
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.  Do you have a link which states this?

I remember ringing VM about a year ago and they said calls to IOM landlines were included but not IOM mobiles.

I am going to ring them again. Let you know what that say.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry for any confusion around our talk more any time package, please see below for more information.

Talk More Anytime: Zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03), UK mobile numbers, 0870 and 0845 numbers. Excludes indirect access, dial-up internet, other non-geographic numbers, 070 personal numbering, and 076 paging charge-bands. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. Calls over 60 minutes will be charged at standard rates, except for calls to mobiles which will be charged at 5p a minute. Charges apply outside of inclusive minutes. Fair usage policy applies. 0870 and 0845 numbers subject to a shared limit of 1000 minutes or 150 calls per rolling 30 day period. Full details of call charges/connection fees set out in our Tariff Guide at virginmedia.com/callcosts.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Paul.

BenHawkeye
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I rang VM.  They didn't know for a while. Had to get 2nd and 3rd opinions. 

It appears you were right. If its only standard rate, then that's not to bad. You can get a £5 international bolt on which give you 50 minutes of international calling a day.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome Ben, stay safe.

Regards

Paul.

BenHawkeye
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

So 'Isle of man' is included in the 'talk time international' plan. It is not listed in the international  everyday charges. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos